Mission, Vision, Principles, About and Rules.
Albion Michigan News is a family first company, but our family includes our friends, churches, and other local businesses. We strive to provide the most accurate information, therefore, promoting community building and unification.
Albion Michigan News is 100% non-profit manned by a group of unpaid volunteers, we are far from perfect, and we try our best to stay neutral or unbiased. Still, there have been times, and there will be times when our authors will lean left or right of center unapologetically.
We hope by providing a realistic look into life in Albion Michigan that we expose the outside world to the beauty of our uniqueness and diversity that we demonstrate our problem-solving abilities. Through home-grown artists, entrepreneurs, philanthropist, and scholars our differences make us great and even though we have different perspectives "We are Albion."
The data accuracy that Albion Michigan News provides is through multiple gates of source verification and cross-checking facts. We ensure all sources are reliable and the stories posted have substantial evidence. Also if you don’t like it then don’t read it.
Page Rules from the Admins
No Hate Speech or Bullying: Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender will not be tolerated.
2. No Spam: This Page runs off coffee and energy drinks, not money. Sorry Self-promotion,
spam and irrelevant links in comments sections aren't allowed. We all hate spam. If you
see it report it to us and someone on the team will take care of it.
3. Respect Everyone's Privacy: Being part of this Page requires mutual trust. Authentic,
meaningful discussions make pages great and build communities.
4. Be Kind and Courteous: We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment Let's
treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required. If one
cannot refrain from trolling, baiting and fighting posts their posts will be deleted.
5. Keep Conversations and Comments Civil: No Disrespecting others, personal attacks,
antagonist behavior. Avoid making comments that incite. It may lead to being temporarily
muted/cool off period. "If there's nothing nice to say....." else We will ban you without
6. Freedom of Speech - Heck Yes: Not in the form of bashing us, others, bashing community
members, and groups. Any attempt to steer conversations away or incite non-professional
behavior leads to actions equal to or higher than the level of negativity.
7. Community Help: Do ask your fellow community members for help with community-
oriented tasks and events. Also, use the Nextdoor App and "Our Albion Page" as venues for
positive, progressive actions.
9. Joining Albion Michigan News: By joining Albion Michigan News Group and or Page you
acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the group and ore page rules. Even if you
have not read these rules just by the use, you have, by default, agreed. You also have, by
default, agree that any Contact with Albion Michigan News gives your consent to be quoted
10. If you do not like what you read on AMN, then do not read AMN. You are the one in
control of your information intake.
11. If you are rude, disrespectful, antagonistic, argumentative, attention-seeking, disruptive, all while making a nuisance of yourself will get you banned quickly from AMN. We don't get paid to put up with you.