NAME: Alisha Wilson – Atlanta, Georgia USA
BUSINESS: M&C Virtual Assistants
FB BUSINESS PAGE: M&C Virtual Assistants, LLC
IG BUSINESS ACCOUNT: www.instagram.com/millennial.mompreneur
If you’re honest and have a sense of humor, I connect with you immediately – which is what happened when I met her online. Alisha is a dedicated mother of a 10-year-old and also a 2-year-old special needs child (both boys), and she still finds time to run a business! Her heart and her spirit are true. She’s simple in her approach and a straight shooter. Here’s our Q & A:
1. HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WANTED TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR?
I actually decided to become an entrepreneur on a whim. I had my youngest and he was born with Down syndrome & I knew I didn't want to have to go back to work.
2. MOST PEOPLE NEVER START A BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK OR THEY'RE AFRAID THEY ARE GOING TO FAIL. WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE AFRAID TO START?
Starting is the hardest part, honestly. Once you start, everything else is easy peasy.
3. WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED?
My fiance’ & my kids. My kids are my life and my fiance’ keeps me balanced. The days that I want to quit, he always gets me into shape and helps me remember who I am and why I'm doing this.
4. WHAT’S TO COME FROM YOUR BUSINESS IN 2019?
In 2019, I have a lot of projects I'm working on. For M&C, I definitely want to serve as many entrepreneurs as possible. I also want to encourage other women to start a Virtual Assistant business as well.
5. WHAT WORDS OF WISDOM OR LESSONS LEARNED CAN YOU GIVE ABOUT BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR?
The best thing I've learned in business is to not wait for the "right" time; there's no such thing and nothing ever happens that way.
*We celebrate you, Alisha, as a current Black History maker!