Good, clean fun!
Broiled Swordfish with Fennel-Caper Slaw… my wife has spoiled me again! #fishfriday
Dinner at my house- Florentine Veggie Bake. My wife spoils me… Kevin Avery
Glenn had two requests for his Birthday: ☘️🥳 1) a quiet evening at home (weeknight) 2) that I NOT cook on his Birthday (chill) Soo… I made a homemade lasagne last night. 😂 I tried layering flavors including caramelized onions, roasted garlic and pesto. 😋
🚗 ⛽️ 🦠
Alex the Wonder Mutt has her St. Patrick’s Day outfit on. ☘️😍
I’m one of the luckiest girls in the world because this guy was born on Saint Patrick’s Day. ☘️ I’m so grateful for you Glenn and that God gave me you. 💚
Do you call it icing or frosting? 🍫
Homemade Collins Chocolate Cake is ready to go for my husband Glenn’s Birthday tomorrow. ☘️🥰 There’s brewed coffee ☕️ in the cake and the “topping”. ☺️
HERE'S THE RECIPE:
Taylor's favorite: Collins Chocolate Cake
From The Peachtree Tea Room Cookbook, Fredericksburg, TX
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup brewed coffee
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and coffee. Heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are melted. Add sugar and continue cooking over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Gently stir in 2 cups flour.
3. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour into a 9" x 13" pan that has been greased and floured (I just use non-stick spray).
5. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. After cake has cooled, frost with Collins Chocolate Frosting.
Collins Chocolate Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, (1 stick) softened
3/4 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1. Using an electric mixer, cream butter. Add cocoa, blending well.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix more.
3. Add coffee, a little at a time, until spreading consistency. Add more coffee, a few drops at a time, if the frosting is too thick.
Gluten Free: I've made it this way many times. I recommend Uncle Bob's 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
Vegan: This works too! I use Earth Balance Butter Sticks and make "flax eggs" (easy to Google.)
I've also made it Gluten Free AND Vegan at the same time. : )
We’re not crying, you’re crying. 😭
Freeman hasn't signed anywhere else yet, but he still has said goodbye to Atlanta
We LOVE the work that Food For The Poor Inc. does! They save lives and it’s all done through the local church. 🙏🏼❤️
So fun hanging out with Mark Lee from Third Day today!
Dear moms and dads:
Bless Your Heart! 🤪😂
☕️ 😴 💤
The squirrels are working overtime to drive poor Marco crazy!
Alex the Wonder Mutt was exhausted last night after a long day at the “beauty parlor”. 🥰
⏰ 🕰 ⛪️
So moving. Not a dry eye in the place. 🇺🇦🌻
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Kevin & Taylor posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Kevin & Taylor: