The topic of negative reviews and comments on social media came up in a recent discussion with a client. Their situation was a little trickier than just a negative review, but I thought it would be handy to share some good advice on the topic with everyone.This article from Neil Patel is an excellent read. I highly recommend it to anyone who manages a social media page for a business or nonprofit organization. https://neilpatel.com/blog/your-business-needs-negative-reviews/
- Negative reviews give customers the opportunity to see how you handle customer support
- When you only have 5-star reviews, customers may wonder if they are fake
- Have an Action Plan within your organization so everyone within your organization knows how to respond well
- Dont' get defensive or angry - be empathetic, respectful, and factual
- Take the problem offline (DM, PM, email)
Have you ever had a negative review? How did you handle it?
If you’ve put all of your focus on avoiding negative reviews, you’re going about reviews all wrong. You may find that hard to believe, but it’s true. Here’s why you need negative reviews and some of the ways that they can be beneficial for your business.