Bubby's Journey Home

Bubby's Journey Home This page is for all of Jimmy Babineau's supporters and advocates. We will follow him home!!

08/19/2026

Gm Mom, hyd? I'm alive so I'm blessed. My foot feels horrible. I swear something is trying come out of it from the inside. I know I complain all the time but this pain is a new experience. I had thought I already defeated that level in my life. I assumed if I hadn't defeated it? Then, I at least had learned to mask it or just learn to block it out partially. This pain isn't going anywhere at all!!! There is no blocking it out, no masking it or defeating it on any level. Its just there rearing its ugly head and screaming so loud at me. "HURT, PAIN, AGONIZING PAIN, HURT!!!" Then I'm asking it "what have I done to you? Why do you want to hurt me so horribly?" I get no answer just a mild break from the mild pain reliever I have no choice but to consume. An internal scream of agony as if it monster sympathizes with me.. Then as soon as I think I've accomplished some form of defeat. Its back worse than before. It hides itself inside my foot. Its got to be intimidated BC it won't ever look me straight in the eyes. It just hides than jumps up screaming, yelling, hollering "your going to feel me if its the last feeling you ever feel." I have to succumb to its intensity BC there is no other option. But then I beg it to stop. " PLEASE JUST STOP I'll DO ANYTHING IF YOU JUST STOP PLEASE!!!"
I love you Mom. I have no idea how I'd make it with out by out. If I wasn't for you I'd give up!!! I'm just tired of these feeling & no one caring!!!
Jimmy asked me to post.
July 27th, 2026 round trip to OSU to place a PICC line comes back with an Mediport instead. Today he is having biopsies on lymp nodes. As of now No treatment or Infusion have been scheduled. Comfort care not working anymore. His foot is Split Open and still Expanding, and Necrosis has set in. Please to continue to 🙏 for my son, Jimmie Babineau.

07/18/2026

I apologize, it's been a minute or two since I have Updated.
No surgery as of yet. Pet Scan showed couple of abnormal lymph nodes, need to schedule Jimmy for biopsies on these. FMC was unsuccessful of placing a PicLine so he will need to be transferred to OSU for this also. Also Oncologists want to start Jimmy on Cemplimab Immunotherapy Infusion treatment to stop the growth of the tumor, that is what the pic line is for, before any surgery on his foot.
Delay after delay.
Please keep my son, Jimmy in your prayers.

06/24/2026

Dr Carlos Contreras trying get me to take the drug now. He saying I'm lose my WHOLE FOOT too. Idk bout anything anymore. Its getting quite ridiculous!!! One Dr says one thing then another saying the complete opposite. He acted like he's not even comfortable doing an amputation. Those were his own words" normally I don't feel comfortable doing an amputation without exploring other options first. Then went into the drug again".
This message above came directly from Jimmy.
He is going to talk directly to the HCA to see if she can help him get others options or another Oncologist from OSU to take his verrucous carcinoma cancer seriously. The cancer is still growing, the cancer is continuing to take his toes and is the size of a softball surrounding his whole foot. I am looking into contacting Ohio Attorney General Office to inquire about another Oncologist with Ohio Prisons. This is so frustrating and truly sad that the Prison system medical services are allowing my son to continously suffer.

Everything has been a stand still this last month, no tests, no procedures, no nothing due to  Dr. Carlos Contrezas@ OSU...
06/04/2026

Everything has been a stand still this last month, no tests, no procedures, no nothing due to Dr. Carlos Contrezas@ OSU is on vacation, so it's been hurry up & wait. The staff at Franklin Medical shared today, Jimmy will be talking to surgeons within the next 2 weeks for all options out there of ways to remove this cancer in his foot. As the cancer is continuing to grow. A PET scan has been ordered. Please continue to keep Jimmy in our prayers, for solutions, answers!!

05/10/2026

The Oncologist Department is also concerned about the possibility of cancer having affected Bubby’s lymph nodes. The only way to test the lymph nodes is to remove one from the cluster during the foot procedure. They will remove then test to verify if cancer has spread to them. Results will come in about 1-2 weeks after removal.
This is very concerning due to the complexity of RDEB. There are not many treatment options available for cancer of the lymph nodes that would not drastically negatively affect Bubby’s immune system which is already compromised living with RDEB.
Please continue to pray for Bubby and our family.

05/08/2026

Update: Surgical Oncologist procedure

Due to size of the verrucous carcinoma cancer of Jimmy's foot, The Oncologist shared today, due to RDEB patient can not tolerant chemo or radiation treatments, Only solution is to remove half to 3/4 of his foot/ amputation. To remove all the cancer the excusion has to extent at least 2 cm pass the cancer. Asking for Prayers to give him strength and determination during the surgery, as he recovers and all the therapy afterwards. Thank you.

***GRAPHIC MATERIAL***Bubby has had both images done now. We are waiting for his results to see what the doctors recomme...
04/25/2026

***GRAPHIC MATERIAL***
Bubby has had both images done now. We are waiting for his results to see what the doctors recommend as next steps. Bubby wanted me to share his photos of his foot with everyone. These photos are very graphic and we advise you view at your own discretion.

04/17/2026

Bubby has had an MRI done and is going to get a CAT scan done soon as well. These results will determine not just his next steps for his treatment plan but determine whether or not he may lose limbs from his body, and even worse if the cancer has spread too far into his bone marrow whether or not he will be living life much longer.
The saddest part of this entire process is that his first biopsy was performed over a year ago. He could have already been treated. He could have already been cancer free!!!! His lawyers are working very hard at still getting him a compassionate release.
Bubby was diagnosed to be wheelchair bound at a very young age. Bubby REFUSED to allow the doctors to limit his mobility and would NOT utilize that wheelchair unless clowning with his friends seeing who could hold the longest wheelie or who could jump speed bumps the highest 🤣🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ now his heart is literally breaking in front of us all as he is facing the possibility of being permanently in one.
We deeply encourage those who care to reach out to Bubby on GTL. He can receive emails, pre made cards, and 30 second videos on it.
He can also have approved video visits up to 30 mins on it!!! All you have to do is fill out a visiting application!!!!
And if anyone would like to he can have in person visits too!! Again super simple just fill out a visitation application online!! You will need ID and proof of residency such as any form of bill in your name and that’s it!!!!
Ik we all get busy. Ik we all have a lot going on out here in the real world. But he could truly use some encouragement and support!!!! He is human and deserves human connection!!!!
If you are interested in visiting through any of the above mentioned methods please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help filling out the application online!!!! It will only take 2-3 mins tops if you have all information and documents available!!
As always please keep praying for Bubby, and reach out if you would like to complete a letter of advocation.

04/09/2026

Update on biopsies done.
Jimmy has Verrucous Carcinoma, a rare type of squamous cell carcinoma. This type of carcinoma cancer grows in ways that are not normal. MRI is being scheduled to see if the cancer has grown into his soft tissues and a possible CT scan to see if this carcinoma has grown into his bones.
I read about this it's says best option is surgery. Let's continue to pray for my son, Jimmy. And the tests be done in a timely manner and a surgery to remove all of his cancer.

04/06/2026

***UPDATE***

Well Bubby was notified that his biopsy sat for 3 DAYS before it was sent to the lab to determine if he has cancer. We are not sure why they took so long to send it, and we are not sure how it will affect the testing process.
Children’s surgeon has also notified us that they will not allow Bubby to have his procedures done at Children’s. Which we already assumed. We were told by the OSU oncologist that Bubby has an option to have it done at University of Cincinnati by the Children’s surgeon, but they notified us that is not true because the surgeon does not have an adult doctor degree. But they are willing to work with the OSU oncologist IF that doctor is willing to invite them in. A lot of red tape that makes this a nightmare to get the care he needs due to him being incarcerated. They also have not sent the biopsy to Children’s lab as Bubby has requested to be done as of now.
Please continue to pray for him and keep positive thoughts towards no cancer!!

Address

Chillicothe, OH
45601

Website

Alerts

Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Bubby's Journey Home posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Shortcuts

Share

l="false"> Add listing
  • Login
  • Subscribe

    We will notify you when anything happens in Chillicothe.