Here is a job you might be interested in! Cape Cod Healthcare has an opening for a full-time Music Therapist!
Music Therapist - (231020-50019282)
Purpose of Position:
Organize and conduct group and individual music therapy sessions for facility and Hospice patients.
1. Organize and conduct group and individual music therapy sessions for facility and Hospice patients.
2. Actively participate in music sessions and encourage patients and families to do the same.
3. Explore a variety of musical styles and sounds with patients through singing, percussion, ethnic instruments and improvisation.
4. Participate in patient conference by exploring and assessing the potential needs of patients and families.
5. Maintain proper records of visits to patients/families.
6. Facilitate bereavement groups in collaboration with members of the Hospice Team.
7. Assist in educational training program for Hospice/Palliative Care staff and volunteers.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects VNA’s commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
Degree in Music Therapy or equivalency and must be Board Certified Music Therapist.
2 years working experience as Music Therapist
Knowledge of different diverse genres of music including a working familiarity with music of different religions, cultures and ethnic groups.
Must have excellent communication skills and computer skills.
Current driver’s license.
Pleasant singing voice and proficient on one or more instruments preferable piano and guitar.
37.5 hours per week, 8a-4p, Monday-Friday, No weekends, No holidays
Organization: Visiting Nurse Association
Primary Location: Massachusetts-Hyannis
Employee Classification: Regular-Regular
Weekend Shifts: None
Holiday Shifts: None
Posting Start Date: Oct 24, 2023
Here is the link: