SINGER, GUITAR, BASS, AND DRUMS NEED 2ND GUITAR FOR COVER BAND!
WE PRACTICE IN PALATINE IL TUE NIGHTS ROUGHLY BETWEEN 7-10P......AT THE VERY LEAST WE’D LIKE TO FIND A FILL IN FOR 2ND GUITAR, BUT HOPING WE’LL FIND THE RIGHT PERSON TO BE PERMANENT, ETC.
**IMPORTANT MESSAGE BEFORE READING THROUGH OUR AD!**
We've had many musicians waste theirs and our time so we'd like to point out a couple of things so everyone's aware up front (Yep, many say our ad is long, but in reality it takes about 5 min to read through. We’re not out to attack anyone, we just want to be up front regarding things we’re just not going to deal with regarding anyone one joining the band. We have seen many negative comments about our ad, but we’ve gotten way more support for it, so we just ignore the negative comments and ask that anyone that has any interest after reading the ad do so as well):
1. As described in the ad, we plan to do various artists, some of which some of us are not huge fans of, but we will still do them (and make it look cool) due to their popularity and knowing that fans have and will enjoy certain songs by them. We have a voting system when it comes to picking songs, so we need members that understand there's 5 guys in the band with 5 different perspectives, therefore you must be willing to do a song and/or band you might not do on your own if it gets voted in, etc. So if you can't handle this, it's best you don't even reach out as we've had guys go through the whole process just to start refusing to do various artists and/or songs that meet our project’s objective, and we feel that's very unprofessional given we're pretty clear in our ad (PLEASE ACTUALLY READ!) as to some artists we plan to cover, not to mention that our understanding of doing a cover band is to do songs the general public might enjoy, not just only play what YOU want to play. Again, please actually read the ad and understand that yes, the band names mentioned are bands that we will be covering.
2. We do have what we call a "formula" in place that has already proven to work as far as various factors in having a successful cover band from how the money is handled, how we pick songs, when we start to discuss booking a first show, etc. We will go through this formula via phone before even having any musician out to make sure it's even worth getting together as for the most part, we will not be changing how we do things. Of course, we're always open to hear how things can be done better,etc. So please don't waste time going through the whole screening process via phone if all you plan to eventually do is not trust in the process already in place that's proven to work well with the right team put together. How many degrees in music you have, as well as how much money will be made, at least in the early stages of getting out, are the last things on our minds. So, if you’re main concern is money, go ahead and just ignore this ad and move along. We’re actually interested in working with musicians who understand the vision, aren’t worried about money initially, and want to be loyal while we build it.
3. We are looking for true team players, which means we work together on every aspect of having a successful cover band, from where we practice, investing in what we need to meet the objectives of the project, and prioritizing the band appropriately being that we actually want to be in a successful cover band. So if you plan to hardly ever come to practice, not learn your parts properly (this means learning things note for note for the most part, not being lazy and only learning the basics), act arrogant and disrespectful to anyone (fans, band mates, etc.), try to always get only "your way" about everything, be difficult to work with due to drama you cause or that's in your life, and/or not do what you say you will do (and I'm sure I might be missing a few things here haha), then don't even waste your time reaching out because we will eventually get rid of you like we've done several times before as we'd rather sit at home and not play out if it means having to deal with any weirdos or issues described in this important message!
4. Here's the latest up front point we’d like to make now. We actually wanna work with people who know how to communicate properly. It does no good for anyone to go through the phone screening process, and start learning/practicing with the band, if all you plan to do is not respond to band mates within a reasonable amount of time, or blow of group texts that the band is trying to use to figure time schedules with etc. And most important, analyze what's going on in your life and don't waste yours and our times by coming off that you have time to do a band, but really you don't. Those of us who actually want to be in a band actually prioritize it correctly in our lives, meaning that we plan a regular practice day at least once per week and only an extreme emergency will stop us from getting together. If you plan on having something else more of interest to do than actually participate properly in a band, then don't be in one (don't worry, we make sure to deeply discuss this during our phone screening call as well).
We're a "Hard Rock/Party Rock -- Classic to Current " cover band for the most part. We look to do different sets for different crowds.
Examples of music genres/bands we'll be doing are below:
Classic Rock/Metal – Foreigner, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeath, Ministry, plus many many others
Grunge/Heavy/Hard Rock Alternative (90s stuff) – Korn, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Soil, Pantera, Slipknot, Hell Yeah, Black Label Society, Godsmack, plus many many others
Post 90's/Current Rock/Heavy Stuff – Papa Roach, Nickelback, Creed, Stone Sour, Sharman’s Harvest, Shinedown, Hinder, Black Stone Cherry, 3 Doors Down, plus many many others
****The objective for the project is to be able to accomplish various set lists for a variety of atmospheres, kind of like "A Jack of All Trades" to a certain extent. Below is a list of planned set lists to learn (keep in mind this is meant to be a long term project - no more having to jump from band to band):
1. Heavy Set - Will be able to play for people who love heavy music
2. Rock Set - Will be able to play all available rock clubs
3. Festival Set - Will be able to play festivals
****This project has the support of major booking agents, fans, and other acquaintances the cover band has built throughout the years.
All members must have:
--- Professional gear
--- Professional attitude
--- Be a team player
--- Be on time for practice & live shows
--- Good stage presence(physical appearance & attitude)
--- Ability and willingness to learn cover songs quickly with focusing on learning songs exactly(or as close as possible) how they sound on the cd,etc.
--- Ability and willingness to focus on playing songs in the right tempo/speed both at practice and live - we prefer the drummer plays to a click at practice and live!
--- Ability(or willingness to learn) to play with a slide, acoustic guitar, plus other options available---for guitarists
---Ability to assist with backup vocals if needed
If you search "Random X Chicago" (or similar) on youtube, there are several video clips (mainly from practice sessions but a few from live shows) to check out, they’re not the best sound/video quality as we don’t really care about that until we get this thing up off the ground again, etc.
Please give me a call, text, or shoot me an email with a number to reach you at if interested to discuss further! Due to not being on email regularly and not having time to text/email all information to go over, once we connect we’ll only go over questions etc. via phone. If you do have a Facebook, send a friend request if you have pictures or videos there so we can review (or feel free to share a different way).