Google Pixel phone users: an identified app freeze has been reported and there is a fix:
1. Go into the Google Play App Store, then into Games & Apps
2. Look for recently updated apps, specifically Chrome and VR Core.
3. Uninstall Chrome. This will revert to a previous, more stable version. Exit the Play Store and attempt to open the app. If it no longer freezes then it's fixed.
4. If step #3 doesn't work.....uninstall VR Core. Exit the Play Store and attempt to open the app. It should no longer be frozen.
If steps 3 & 4 aren't unfreezing the app......go into all other recently updated apps and one-by-one uninstall them so an earlier version replaces the newer version. I'm relatively confident this is the Chrome update causing the freeze-up.
For Apple users on newer devices or newer versions of iOS: notifications may not be occurring for you when I post new forecasts. Please follow these steps:
1. Close the app and any others operating in the background of your device.
2. Power off/on your device, then open the app and click on the cog in the lower right-hand corner. Toggle off/on the notifications tab.
3. If steps 1 & 2 are unable to resolve your notification issues please contact Apple Support. There has been success in resolving issues thanks to Apple Support.
4. If steps 1, 2, and 3 are unsuccessful (and this is for those subscribed to Chris/East Coast Weather Watch) send an email to [email protected] and you can be added to an email-to-text notification list so you will be notified in an alternate method when new forecasts are posted to the app.
Thanks for all your patience and your continued loyalty is greatly appreciated!