IBA HMS AND THEIR PERFORMANCE
“Education is a matter of life and death for us and certainly the only source of our stability and thrives.” Everyone acquiesces and believes in this very philosophical imagination but none found inclined to change about it into nuts and bolts until the team of 1039 highly qualified, innovative and dynamic HMs stepped in the Sindh Education and Literacy Department, recruited through the IBA Test and now termed as “THE IBA HMs”. All and all of them naturally fired up and enthusiastic in order to combat all challenges and threats as they kept facing them all even through their entire recruitment process. They all brought revolutionary change in entire education and management system in less than one year span of time. Let me try to throw some light on their performance and achievements.
There were even there are abundant challenges the IBA HMs coped with and still coping with but moving forward with one wave, one voice and one slogan “We never quite”. Besides challenges they faced and are facing plenty of threats but still strong-willed not to relinquish until the destination is accomplished because they burnt all the boats and ships like Tariq Bin Ziyad before entering into the deep sea full of challenges, risks and threats. The IBA HMs are really praiseworthy due to following mentioned grounds and facts.
1. Someone would never have deemed that “The Science Fair” and “The book Fair” would ever be held in the village schools of Sindh but IBA HMs did it enormously.
2. Who would have thought that the small amount of SMC fund can be utilized in a befitting manner for ameliorating the school infrastructure as per School Improvement Plan (SIP) but the IBA HMs did it very earnestly.
3. No one would ever have anticipated that the little kids and tots of primary schools can perform well on stage, present tableaus, deliver speeches and debates, participate in quiz, essay or drawing competition but the credit goes to the IBA HMs who found such stars out and trimmed them to glow rather luminously.
4. It would have been thought only a dream that the Sindh Education and Literacy Department will publish the success stories and like the pages of school activities but the IBA HMs rocked and their glorious performance turned this dream into the shape of reality.
5. Who would have imagined that the students of government schools will carry out the scientific practicals, be uniformly dressed, and suit up with Head Boy, Head Girl and Prefect Sashes but the IBA HMs embarked upon these practices in their concerned schools.
6. No one would have thought ever that the community assistance and support can play a part in school development, but the IBA HMs braced the minds of community members in this regard, managed school necessities like echo sound, solar system and electric water coolers and evolved their faith in government institutions.
7. Giving daily and vacation homework, conducting weekly, fortnightly, monthly or terminal tests were paid no attention even students were unaware of these important practices but the IBA HMs not only spread such awareness but also implemented such practices quite profitably.
8. No one would have idea that the private school students would be inclined to the government schools but the witnessed performance of the IBA HMs compelled them to be attracted and moved to government schools.
9. None would have expected that such large number of enrollment drive rallies would be organised, but the IBA HMs not only organised enrollment walk rallies but also went door to door, shop to shop and street to street to aware and tilt the civilians towards the government schools and enhance the enrolment.
10. None would ever have thought of libraries, computer labs and science laboratories in government schools but even this triumph is named to the IBA HMs.
11. It was just a dream of the students to go for study tours and trips; even this dream of students was fulfilled by the IBA HMs by arranging study tours to historical places.
12. Students were kept deprived of games and sports but the IBA HMs provided them such opportunities by celebrating sports week.
13. “Official Information” often took weeks or even months to reach the concerned offices but the IBA HMs found ever ready to convey the required information before the stipulated time.
14. The regularity and punctuality of the teaching and non teaching staff remained a great problem since long but as soon as the IBA HMs took charge they maintained the regularity and punctuality in their staffs very effectively.
The government of Sindh is solemnly appealed to issue the regularization orders of the IBA HMs as they may perform even with more relief, zeal, and zest and also recruit another team of such enthusiastic HMs as the remaining shortcomings be overcome soon.