We deeply mourn the loss of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, Breonna Taylor, and countless others. Protesters, we stand with you. We all, especially those of us with privilege, have a responsibility to speak up, take part in social justice movements, have difficult conversations within our own communities, educate ourselves, and support our Black friends, families, colleagues, neighbors, and strangers.
As we look to use our skills as storytellers to help create a better tomorrow, there are actions we can all take right now. Below is a list of resources, both local and national, where you can donate and lend your support.
- @FreedomFightersDC is looking for donations to support protestors and volunteers. Please contact through Instagram or [email protected], and check their stories for the latest information.
- Check with @blacklivesmatterdc for latest information on protests.
- Baltimore Action Legal Team provides legal aid for the city of Baltimore with a focus on Black activists. www.baltimoreactionlegal.org
- @unicorn.riot is a nonprofit media organization with a base in Minneapolis specifically dedicated to exposing the root causes of social and environmental issues.
- @blackvisionscollective is a Minnesota-based black, trans, and queer-led organization with a focus on dismantling systems of vilence and oppression.
- Campaign Zero is a police reform group focusing on policy solutions. www.joincampaignzero.org