Sockeye Salmon with Chipotle Honey Glaze :
This quick, tasty recipe is ideal for busy weeknights -
and lazy Sundays.
Vibrant Sockeye salmon is quickly grilled and then glazed with a simple blend of local honey and smoky chipotles.
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 2-3 tbsp. puréed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1½ pounds Alaska Sockeye Salmon, fresh or thawed
- heavy-duty aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- Remove Alaska Sockeye salmon from the refrigerator 15 minutes
before cooking. Heat grill to 375°F.
- Stir honey and chipotle purée* in a small bowl until well
combined. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Cut 2 pieces of wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil about 6-inches
longer than the salmon side. Stack the foil pieces (shiny side
down) on a baking sheet and spray generously with cooking
spray. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the middle of the foil.
Fold the foil sides and ends up (1 to 2-inches) to make a shallow
pan around the salmon, leaving at least a 1-inch margin around
the fish. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer the foil pan to the center of the preheated grill.
Do not cover the salmon or close the foil over the salmon. Close
grill cover and cook for 5 minutes. Spread the glaze on the
salmon (1 tbsp. per salmon portion or 1/3 cup per salmon side).
Close grill and continue to cook about 5 to 7 minutes more. Cook
just until fish is lightly translucent in the center – it will finish
cooking from retained heat. Remove from the grill and let rest a
few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lime zest and serve with lime wedges.
- Salmon can also be roasted in an oven preheated to 375°F or pan-seared and finished in the oven.
- Cook just until lightly translucent in the center; be sure to let the salmon rest a few minutes before serving.
* Purée a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with a hand blender, blender or food processor until smooth. Freeze any remaining purée for another use.
Recipe Name : Sockeye Salmon with Chipotle Honey Glaze
Author Name : Ocean Salmon Seafood
Published On : 2020-11-02
Preparation Time : 10M
Cook Time : 12M
Total Time : 22M