Patient care coordinator
A care coordinator will be working under the supervision of a physician/physician assistant or registered nurse (RN), Care Coordinator provides telephonic support to promote improved health outcomes for high risk and multiple chronic condition patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Schedule monthly phone calls with patients; chronic care coordinators are responsible for providing patient education and care coordination support to Medicare patients with chronic diseases
• Building a supportive relationship with patients while providing care coordination support that will ensure access to appropriate services for their health needs.
• Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior.
• Coordinates with the patient’s P*P to deliver and coordinate needed services.
• Reports immediate concerns and updates to physician or other P*P on a regular basis.
• Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention.
• Works in Central Office.
• Uses and able to document using Electronic Medical Records.
• Interacts with other health professionals as a productive team member.
• Participates in staff and educational meetings.
• Complies with time and attendance policy and assigned work hours.
• Adheres to professional standards of conduct and behavior.
• Establishes and maintains professional work relationships with person served, co-workers, supervisors, and ancillary staff.
• Reports concerns to immediate supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
a) High School graduate or GED equivalent
a) Certified Medical Assistant
b) Social Work or Equivalent associated with patient advocacy
a) At least one-year of relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to build rapport with patients
• Ability to communicate with patients from diverse backgrounds
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently
• Fluency in English required, Spanish will be a plus
• Experienced in using Electronic Medical Records
Job Type: Full-time
• EMR Systems: 1 year (preferred)
• medical assistant or related job: 1 year (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• English (Required)
• Spanish (preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Bi-weekly or Twice monthly
Please send your resume at [email protected]