Digital Community Guidelines:
In order to ensure an open and safe dialogue amongst the WDET community, we reserve the right to review and moderate all posts and comments on wdet.org and WDET social media sites. Please keep in mind the following guidelines when posting your comments:
- Be Civil: Hate speech, personal attacks or threats towards other people or communities, harassing, bullying, or name-calling in any form will absolutely not be tolerated. If it’s discriminatory, defamatory, or derogatory, it absolutely does not belong on WDET channels.
- Be Clean: Profane, obscene, offensive, pornographic, and otherwise offensive language is prohibited.
- Be A Constructive Poster: Users who exhibit a pattern of posting argumentative, inflammatory, and baiting comments that demonstrate an intent to sow discord and provoke community members will result in removal of comments and may result in being blocked and banned from posting in WDET’s online community.
- Be On-Topic: Kindly keep your posts focused on the original topic of conversation. Off topic posts, including spam, solicitations, promotions, and excessive use of links to external postings, will be removed.
- Be Respectful of Privacy: Do not share contact information (yours or anyone else’s) on WDET channels.
Comments that violate the above guidelines may be removed. In the event of repeat violations of our Digital Community Guidelines, WDET reserves the right to restrict users from posting on WDET’s social media channels.